Monday, July 27, 2009

Smiley Girl



I finally caught some good pictures of Anya smiling. She smiles a ton now but when I take the camera out they all disappear.



Last week Anya was left with a few babysitters. First, on Thursday I dropped her off at a friends house so I could teach my first cycle class post baby. Admittedly it was a little hard to drop her off and leave, but she was a good girl and seemed happy to see me when I returned (if not only to eat!)

Her cousins came up from Tacoma to visit later that same day and Natalie wanted to hold her the whole time. She was very sweet.

My parents came home on Thursday evening and were reunited with their granddaughter who had grown by leaps and bounds while they were away. Their stay was short and sweet and they took very good care of her on Friday evening while Myles and I attended a wedding. This was our first time away from Anya for an extended period of time and it went very well for grandparents and parents.
On Saturday Anya had her first photo shoot. Phil Acuncius, the photographer who shot my maternity pictures, returned and shot Anya's "newborn" pictures. She was somewhat cooperative but again the smiles were elusive. I'm sure he took enough pictures to insure us some gems.
Sunday we all went down to Gig Harbor to stay by the water and visit with Oma and Opa among others. Anya met her cousin Chloe for the first time and they are going to be fast friends. I can envision them getting into a lot trouble together.
This week we are trying to beat the heat. A few afternoons on the sailboat are on call for sure. Anya spends most the day naked in a diaper trying to stay cool. We do have a portable air conditioner in our bedroom which helps at night immensely. Now if it weren't for a baby we could get some good sleep!

Her sleeping is going very well for a baby her age actually. She usually has one 4-5 hour stretch and a 3 hour one following. 6 am seems to be the time she likes to wake up no matter when she ate last- this can be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment